The Twisted Earth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for our online Darwin's World Campaign. This is NOT a Freeform RPG Site and uses the Darwin's World 2 books. If your interested in the game or joining in please feel free to post under interest.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Character Creation...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Grifter

Survivor Profile (Character Sheet)
CHARACTER NAME: Artemis
CLASS: PA hero 1, strong hero 2
LEVEL: 3

Character Creation... Empty
PostSubject: Character Creation...   Character Creation... EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 5:30 pm

And other tidbits of juicy need to know stuffs. Or something like that.

Right, so I'm the Assistant ST/DM/Person Who Does Shit (PWDS?)

I have thus been informed by our illustrious leader Drifter, Brand, He Who Shall Not Be Named *cues dramatic music* that A) I am to instruct you survivor hopefuls *eyes the super mutants on the horizon* how to generate stats. And more to come I'm sure...

So! We are using the exciting Point Buy system to generate Attributes. Yes it takes away all random chance and means you can't possibly get away with a char who has like, three 18's on his/her sheet but I'm sure you'll live.

Now, we're going with 32 POINTS which is a fairly decent amount. You're char will be easily above the standards of "normal." Not that much can be considered normal in a post apocalyptic world populated by mutants, raiders, and everything from native savages to men in powered battle armor and tanks right?

Ok, so the Point Buy system is listed on page 15 of the D20 Modern book.

Also characters will be starting off at level 4! That means that you get a +1 to an Attribute of your choice when you have leveled your char to level 4. And I suggest doing each level 1 at a time. Build a basic level 1 PC then add level by level rather than just trying to lump it all into a level 4 straight off. This is primarily due to Skill points and levels. I have confused the hell out of myself once before doing that *Nods sagely*

NEXT!

Classes, Backgrounds, and Occupations!

The only base class allowed is the Post Apocalyptic Hero from the Darwin's World Handbook. While this may seem limiting the Fast/Tough/Strong/Dedicated/Etc from D20 Modern simply do not fit such a setting that well. Not without some tweaking and editing.

The same goes for Occupations. Only those listed in the Darwin's World book will be allowed at the moment. And backgrounds are a Darwin's World thing period so... You have no real outside sources for those Smile

Money, which is determined by Occupation, will be rolled Randomly. I will set up a thread for this to be done once people have begun working on their characters more. I also have a few other threads to start so bear with me on this.

So that's all for right now. If you have any questions/concerns/suggestions/comments feel free to Forum PM me or reach me on AIM at Kuno1999. I am here to help (or so I have been told *snicker*).
Back to top Go down
Grifter

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation...   Character Creation... EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 9:20 pm

Alrighty then, time for the next installment...

I've been asked to explain how the Buy System works. While it is explained on page 15, I will try and shed some more light on this.

All Abilities start at level 8. Which means, should you not add any points to your sheet, your character will have the following abilities:

Strength: 8
Dexterity: 8
Constitution: 8
Intelligence: 8
Wisdom: 8
Charisma: 8

This would give your character a -1 Ability Modifier to every Ability. (Not pleasant)
In Character this would mean you are below average... everywhere. You're the fat, ugly, uncoordinated kid in class who fails the vast majority of his tests... And probably wears the same clothes every day. Not the life of the party.

The costs to raise a Ability are fairly straight forward from level 9 to level 14. One for One. So, one point would give you an Attribute of 9 where adding 6 points would give you an attribute of 14.

For example
Level 9 -> 1 Point
Level 10 -> 2 Points
Level 11 -> 3 Points
Level 12 -> 4 Points
Level 13 -> 5 Points
Level 14 -> 6 Points

Pretty simple math. If you make your Strength 14, you spend 6 points and thus subtract 6 points from the 32 Total (I.e. 32-6=26).

When raising past 14, you get a bit higher costs. Due to the fact that your character is becoming even more above average.

The costs are as follows...
Level 15 -> 8 Points
Level 16 -> 10 Points
Level 17 -> 13 Points
Level 18 -> 16 Points

An 18 in an Attribute is as high as you can purchase. The only way to get higher is to have some sort of Ability modifier based on a Mutation or what not. But that works in both ways as you can lose. For example, there is a Defect that marks you as a mutant because of Eye discoloration. This Defect gives you a -2 Charisma... There fore, if you had a Charisma of, say, 14 after Purchasing your Abilities, it would then be dropped to 12. This does NOT mean you would get back the points spent. Once you are finished spending points on Abilities, that is it. No Bonus Points or Freebies. The total is 32 Points and it shall not be changed!

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask away.
Back to top Go down
Grifter

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation...   Character Creation... EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 12:50 pm

Alright, time for even more fun filled facts.

Today's installment... Hit Points, don't leave home with out em.

Beginning Hit Points is pretty straight forward. You get the max... Your Hit Die + Con Modifier (i.e. d8 = 8 + con mod).

When it comes to getting more HP at level up, it is a bit different. Instead of using the random method of Rolling so that we don't have anyone getting jipped by rolling a 1.

This method is simple. You take 1/2 your total (I.e. a D8 would result in a 4) and add your Constitution modifier. While this may seem a bit dull over the excitement of rolling dice, this keeps it a bit more fair. So as I said, we don't have anyone rolling a 1 for their HP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation...   Character Creation... Empty

Back to top Go down

Character Creation...
Page 1 of 1